Blog post #8: TBCMB

“Sometimes in the face of my own/our own limitations, in the face of such world-wide suffering, I doubt even the significance of books.”

This quote from the passage is relevant to the larger text because it discusses a very important issue which that words cannot always be used as weapons. Women have suffered for years because of their color, race, and just because of their gender. Writing is a great way to reach out to the public and make a platform for yourself, but when writing about opinions and politics controversy emerges. This quote is relevant to the larger text mainly because it states that our opinions can be used against us. This can be considered a limitation when making a movement or can be considered a strength. I guess it depends on the situation.

1 Reply to “Blog post #8: TBCMB”

1. This can also be taken as the fact that books carry history and are used all through time, and words hold a lot of power. So all of the anti-feminist works and even the books that hint at it have and can cause a huge problem when it comes to advancements in feminism.