Blog Post 14

I really enjoyed reflecting on this class and all the material we discussed this semester. Although this was an unconventional semester with a lot of rapid change, I’m pleased to know that I did take a lot from this course! With the online switch, I think blog posts were a really great way to still have a discussion with the class and I really enjoyed reading the variety of responses to each topic. In particular, my favorite blog posts were 3,6 and 8. Blog post 3, in which we all discussed what a different future would look like in our eyes really opened my own eyes. It was unfortunate to see how many of us had similar struggles from just being a woman, but I think it really formed a strong connection with each other and created smaller step into reforming a future. Blog post 6 in which we had to watch a movie or show related to women’s studies was really fun! I did my post on my favorite show, Insecure, and I had a really great time analyzing the women empowerment aspects of the show and now I subconsciously do that with every show I watch. Finally, the disidentifications blog post really gave me insight on identity and gender roles in our society and how it’s all pretty much made up. It was fascinating that we all read the same reading and took away the same message. Overall, this class was a pleasure and I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe!

ODU Friends of Women's Studies - Home | Facebook