Blog post 14

During this semester I have learned a great amount about feminism, society, and gender/ race roles. There was so much material that was discussed and almost every reading left an impact on me in some way. I do not doubt that the knowledge I have gained in this class with guide me through future experiences in life. My favorite of the course was blog post 3, the riot grrrls, and disidentifications.  For blog post 3, we all discussed how the future would look if we opened our eyes. The riot grrrl movement was something I really enjoyed learning about. Women in music inspire me. When I go to concerts I notice that some bands have the women come to the front of the mosh during the last song and I learned that this started from riot grrrl!! I also really enjoyed the reading on disidentifications. I think many people at times feel out of place in areas of their life (me included) and this is a great work to put to that feeling. Many women in the class had similar struggles. These struggles definitely caused a connection to be formed. Despite the circumstances, we all still contributed our opinions on the readings and responded to other people’s opinions. I think this was a great idea and gave students the opportunity to have their voice heard.