Independent Study : Step 2

For my independent study I’m researching Isra Hirsi. The academic subjects that my project relates to is science mainly to deal with climate change. Isra is a climate change activist. Through my research this project concerns current events dealing with global warming. This also deals with race because in the climate change conversation black and ethnic voices are not heard. There isn’t enough representation for people of color in this conversation even though we are the main ones being impacted by it. climate change is a global problem which effects everywhere. Media gives representation to white faces and voices not giving people of color a chance. Each of these factors relates to my project.

What I would need to know in order to discuss it is how underrepresented people of color are and how greatly we are impacted by global warming. I would need to know how Isra is leading and how she is opening a space for people of color liker herself. Also, I would need to know how media has and influence on each of these factors.