Blog Post 12 : Material Feminism

Hey Queens !

Hope all is well !! For todays main topic lets discuss Material Feminism .. I feel like It means when people see Gender as a social contract except we aren’t the ones that agree with this contract now what do I mean by that ? The social contract theory says that people live together in society  in accordance with an agreement that establishes moral and political rules of behavior.  Society refuses to see what woman do in reproducing the human race and those maternal instincts and abilities we process as a necessity . It is clear to see the imbalance in woman and males in regards of social equality . Public Service Announcement: When will we learn that Gender roles and Gender are two different things and society needs to understand that these two things are socially made up and shouldn’t dictate the amount equality we gain or have . In her book “ Vibrant Matter’’ Jane Bennet discusses how materialities constantly infect and affect human society and vice versa she is right . We should seek social change , we still in a world where men still over power woman in different fields and it shouldn’t be like that it should be equality for all but we still got a long way to go don’t we ? We may still be oppressed but once of these days we wont be any more and until then we should keep on fighting until we get what we want until we get what we deserve that’s it and that is all .

2 Replies to “Blog Post 12 : Material Feminism”

1. This post does a great job explaining how gender roles is a social construct and how society does not treat women equally despite how important their role is. I also liked how you talked about the book “Vibrant Matter’’ by Jane Bennet, it gave me a better understand at the issue at hand.

2. “Material Feminism .. I feel like It means when people see Gender as a social contract except we aren’t the ones that agree with this contract…” I loved this way of explaining material feminism. I also like how well you expounded and supported your thoughts with the readings. This expanded my own thinking of how we live in such a society where certain things are normalized and many people are too afraid to discuss what should be changed. It seems that many are used to the toxicity so they just accept their societies for how they are.